After many tears, mine not Evan's, Chad whisked Evan away for his first day of daycare yesterday. Yes, I did the ugly cry. It's really not attractive, but in this case, I think it was justified! After 8 long hours of work, I hurried to daycare to pick him up. I found Evan fast asleep in a swing.
The ladies said he did well. However, I am quite sure they tell all moms this on the first day. Ms. Veronica said that he cries really loud when he is tired or hungry. Yes, I am aware, thank you.
As I mentioned, Evan was asleep when I arrived. I was forced with the decision to either leave him in the swing or move him to the car seat. I choose the car seat because I didn't want them to feel like I was hovering in the room. We got all the way to the car before he woke up. It ended up being a bad decision because he was a little nightmare come 6pm.
My work schedule is now 7:00-3:30, which allowed me to get in a couple hours of smiles and giggles before Evan turned crabby. It was a LONG day for both of us. We put Evan to bed at 6:30 last night, and I was in bed by quarter to eight!
I'm sure it will get easier from here on out. But in the meantime, I'm playing short video clips and changing my wallpaper to Evan's picture to make it through the work day!
No comments:
Post a Comment