6.08.2011

18 Months

Chad and I have a little chatterbox on our hands now. Ev has replaced most of his signs with words. Half of the time I don't know what he is saying, which leads to a lot of frustration for both of us, but it is cute! He is a master of imitation. If you ask him to repeat something, he gives it a try. Let's see if I can remember everything he says (or tries to say):

Mama, Dada, Palmer (malmer), milk, water, up, down, bath, outside, no, eat, YiaYia, Papau, cracker, please, more, phone, shoes, night, hi, bye, blanket (mimi), walk, puppy, cow, owl, bee, me/mine?, that/this?

Likes:
  • Playing outside with his water table
  • Watching birds, dogs
  • Watering the flowers
  • Books
  • Music
  • Drinking out of a "real" up. What a mess!
Dislikes:
  • Wearing anything other than his brown tennis shoes
  • Flies
  • Dirty hands
  • The loud noises of the neighbor's landscapers: the blower, lawnmower
  • Showers (guess we will have to stick to baths for a while longer)
He is becoming a little more picky in the food department. Gone are the days when he will eat anything I put in front of him. Although I found out that he will eat hamburger if he can dip it in ketchup. He is all about the dipping - hummus, gaucamole, and now ketchup. 

Ev has pretty much mastered his shape sorter. He can get all the blocks in without our help now. The stacking rings are still a challenge though. He can also make the correct animal noise for the following: cow, horse, duck, puppy, lion, and gorilla. I took a short video of this, and will post later for your viewing pleasure. :-)

Ear tubes were put in 3 or 4 weeks ago. So far, so good as far as ear infections go. His 18 month appointment was on Wednesday. Of course, that couldn't go smoothly! He was diagnosed with strep, and couldn't get his shots. So now he has to go back in next week for the shots (and another co-payment...awesome how that works!)

18 month stats:
  • Weight: 24# 14 oz (40%)
  • Height: Evan had a meltdown when the nurse tried to measure him. She calculated 34" which is 90%, but when we came home I measure him and he was 32.5"
  • Head Circumference: 19 1/8" (75%)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...