His two year doctor appointment was a nightmare. He was scared and unfortunately cried the entire time we were there. I left the sheet with his stats on the exam table because we were in a rush to leave. I know that he was 36" tall (90%) and he was 50% in weight (I think around 26-27 lbs).
Likes:
- Elephants
- Bambi (aka Bunny, he likes Thumper)
- Helping mom and dad do anything (cook, rake the leaves, clean)
- Going to the park
- Books, puzzles, music
Favorite phrases:
- Evan do it.
- Help you. (Means, help me, but doesn't quite get it!)
Dislikes:
- Getting dressed in the morning
- Having his diaper changed
- Clipping his toenails (or even getting remotely close to looking or touching his toes)
Evan now understands the concept of presents. Numerous packages have arrived at the house for his birthday and for Christmas, and he thinks all of the packages are his presents and we have to open them!
His vocabulary has really exploded over the last month. He now is putting together short sentences (mostly commands like, Mommy. Sit. Carpet.!)
Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures from his birthday because my camera battery was dead while we were in Wisconsin :-( We had an Elmo party at the Schloerke's and a cake at YiaYia and Papau's house. Of course there were lots of toys too...a Little Tykes gill, a remote control train, new clothes, puzzles, drill and tool set, and more! Thanks everyone.
I think my favorite LOL moment of his birthday weekend was Evan playing hide and seek with YiaYia. It was Evan's turn to hide. He went into the living room stood in front of the coffee table, put his head down and butt out. I wish I had a picture or video because we couldn't contain the laughter!
Sorry for the scatter-brained post. I don't have the time or energy to keep up with the blog anymore. But I wanted to at least put down a few sentences about Evan's birthday. Here is what I am calling his 2 year picture, even though it was taken two weeks prior :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment