6.27.2010

My Fantastic First Father's Day

I sometimes find myself in disbelief that I am someone's dad. Heck, 11 years after marrying Miquel I am still in disbelief she actually went through with the marriage! At times she has to ask herself who is the more mature male in the house- Myself, Evan or Palmer. Trust me Miquel, it is a toss up. Anyway, she married me and to my great pleasure, on November 27th, 2009, she brought us Evan and made me a Father.

On Fathers' Day, I found out just one more of the benefits of being a dad. I get a day of being waited on by my family. It was a great day that started with a mediocre breakfast (hard to shine up a frozen waffle to be more than a frozen waffle- sorry Babe) and ended with dinner and a nice glass of wine with Miquel.

We shopped for a good part of the day. Evan and I both got gifts for Dads' Day- E got a new set of wheels (known by most as a stroller) and Miquel signed me up for the Connoisseur Club at the local wine shop. That was such a great gift as friends and family know I love to drink and wine classes that vice up quite a bit. Thank you Miquel and Evan, for a great Fathers' Day.

Miquel's idea to start this blog had two purposes; to keep family and friends informed with the goings on of the Southern Schloerke's as well as to give Evan a journal to read when he gets older. With the latter in mind, I will sign off with the following message to my son:

Evan, God has blessed me (us) with a beautiful baby boy. I look forward to spending each and every Fathers' Day with you and Mommy and can't wait until they involve a round of golf. I will do my absolute best to be a great dad- Grandpa is a pretty good role model to follow. Cut me some slack every now and then- OK? Love, Daddy.


1 comment:

Miquel said...

In my defense, I offered to make pancakes for breakfast. Chad declined because we are both doing the Flat Belly Diet to lose some weight before Lee and Katie's wedding.

Nice post babe, that last part made me tear up. Way to go and show me up on your very first post! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...